Social Media Manager
Backed by BBG Ventures, Company Ventures, Special Situation Fund, Connecticut Innovations, and Amplifyher Ventures, Oova is a Series Seed women’s health tech startup that is threading the needle between at-home testing and targeted telehealth.
Oova is revolutionizing at-home testing. Oova has developed a first-of-its-kind, patented process to help women make informed fertility decisions by accurately measuring hormone levels through daily urine samples. The team has spent over 3 years fusing innovative biochemistry, ground-breaking image processing and machine learning to precisely detect these hormones using a simple Oova test. For our customers, it’s as simple as peeing on a stick and scanning it with a smartphone. Oova provides personalized insights to facilitate pregnancy and expose reproductive health issues like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Never before have women been able to gain the level of insight Oova provides as affordably (10x cheaper than regular clinic visits), effectively (utilizing machine learning and AI to get personalized information), and comfortably (no blood draws or mailing anything to a lab).
The Social Media Manager is a thinker and a doer, with a strong entrepreneurial streak and stellar communication skills. This role builds strategies and campaigns for social media that compliment and support the brand mission, working closely with internal partners to develop and execute both best in class strategies and content for organic social.
This person will report to the Head of Brand Marketing and is a community builder, owning the brand voice on social media helping to build and nurture our online community ensuring that our consumers and professionals are highly engaged and supported in social conversation.
The ideal candidate is passionate about using social media to shape and grow the brand with the ability to blend creativity, social media instincts and data to produce content. Requires excellent communication skills, strong writing experience, graphic design experience, and an understanding of various platforms, analytics and tools. Creativity, curiosity, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a positive attitude is a must. Send your resume to Missy Dowling at firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested.
- We are transforming at-home diagnostics with a special focus on women’s health.
- Our industry leading technology has just transitioned to scalable manufacturing and we are ready to ramp sales.
- We are a science focused team bridging the gap between clinical grade and consumer precision wellness.
- We are already recognized by leading medical clinics as a break-out technology ready to reshape the hormone testing market.
What You'll Do:
- Understand overall business objectives and translate them into actionable social media strategies and content planning.
- Own the brand voice on social platforms and help position the brand as a recognized brand; oversee the growth, management and engagement with social communities.
- Create, plan, schedule, and post timely, dynamic, unique, and platform-relevant social content that tells stories and compels action.
- Partner with internal content creators on the development process for organic; the role requires light content creation but is supported by internal content partners and at times.
- Monitor, measure and analyze social campaign performance and KPIs; leverage insights to make data-based decisions, optimize strategy and tactics and report out on weekly and monthly social performance reports.
- Stay current with social platforms (current & emerging), social technology, reporting tools, trends, audience development and content & creative best practices to develop innovative ways to connect.
- Communicate insights from the social community to help inform other relevant stakeholders.
- Establish appropriate tracking and KPIs for key organic social platforms.
- Proactively join conversations and build relationships on organic earned social media and paid influencer media as needed; grow, manage and engage with social communities.
- Own and develop the social media playbook for the brand as we grow; create the voice on social channels and help position brands as highly desirable.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Marketing or Communications related degree.
- At least 1 year of experience working in social media, managing multiple channels with content creation responsibilities.
- Solid working knowledge of enterprise level Social Media Management Systems (e.g., Hubspot, Hootsuite, Khoros, Sprinklr).
- Graphic Design and/or ability to adapt content in Canva or IllustratorPhotoshop.
- Video editing skills for social media purposes.
- Specializes in community engagement, social strategy.
- Experience storytelling via conversational writing and visual communication.
- Possess excellent judgment and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to shape content at various stages of development.
- Advanced knowledge of the latest social media and tech trends.
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation package, including base and equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance