More About Tracking
The Oova platform is about much more than just monitoring your hormone levels. We have developed a proprietary algorithm that learns your unique fertility profile. This goes beyond hormone levels. The power of Oova lies in combining the symptoms our bodies tell us like pain, body temperature, and cervical fluid/mucus to objective hormone levels. Together, we can paint a clear picture of your fertility so you can finally be empowered about your health.
Below we dive into some of the key aspects of tracking:
- Where in the app do I log my symptoms?
- How can I select which features I want to track?
- How can I log something not on the list?
- What are features I can log and why are they important?
Where in the app do I log my symptoms?
The log is used to track any feature you wish to record a history of. You can select to track as many or as few things as you would like. To select the features to track, go to How can I select which features I want to track?
Go to the Calendar in the app and select the day you want to enter new information. Click on LOG on the top right corner and enter the information for that day. Click Save in the top right corner. Your responses have been recorded.
You can modify your selection at any time by clicking on the date and making the necessary changes.
How can I select which features I want to track?
By default, tracking your period is already available in your daily log. You can choose to track additional items by going to Settings > Log Preferences and toggling on anything you would like to track. Once you have made your selections, click Save in the top right corner.
The more information you enter into the Oova platform, the smarter the algorithm will be at learning your fertility profile.
How can I log something not on the list?
If you would like to track something that is not currently available on our list, send a message to our team at email@example.com. Please provide an explanation of the feature you would like to track. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and your feedback is the best way for us to do so!
What are the features I can log and why are they important?
The Oova app includes a variety of features that can be tracked and they all play a unique role in understanding your fertlity. See below for a list of the most common things we enable you to track and the reasons they are important
- Period: Your period is one of the most important pieces of information you need to log in the app. This is a critical component to our algorithm that enables you to scan on specific days. It tells us when Cycle Day 1 is and enables us to estimate when your fertile window will be.
- Cervical Fluid/Mucus: Cervical mucus is a fluid produced by the cervix and it changes throughout your menstrual cycle. The cervical mucus consistency is a direct result to your hormone levels so it can be informative to track how cervical mucus is changing throughout your cycle. For example, egg-white cervical mucus indicates fertility.
- Sleep: Getting enough sleep each night is critical to one's physical and emotional health and well-being. Tracking sleep can help ensure you are getting enough rest. For more details read our article about How to Keep Up a Healthy Sleep Schedule.