Head of Sales
Backed by BBG Ventures, Company Ventures, Amplifyher Ventures and Special Situation Fund, Oova is a Series Seed women’s health tech startup that is threading the needle between at-home testing and targeted telehealth.
Oova is revolutionizing at-home testing. Oova has developed a first-of-its-kind, patented process to help women make informed fertility decisions by accurately measuring hormone levels through daily urine samples. The team has spent over 3 years fusing innovative biochemistry, ground-breaking image processing and machine learning to precisely detect these hormones using a simple Oova test. For our customers, it’s as simple as peeing on a stick and scanning it with a smartphone. Oova provides personalized insights to facilitate pregnancy and expose reproductive health issues like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Never before have women been able to gain the level of insight Oova provides as affordably (10x cheaper than regular clinic visits), effectively (utilizing machine learning and AI to get personalized information), and comfortably (no blood draws or mailing anything to a lab).
Oova is looking to grow it’s family and bring on a dynamic and seasoned individual to head up it’s sales strategy. You'll have an opportunity to shape our platform,help build out the culture of this fast-growing health-tech startup, and report directly to the CEO. If the idea of being an early hire at a venture backed, scaling startup who is working at the intersection of Big Data, Biomedicine and Diagnostics is interesting to you, we should talk!
You'll work with us in, no question, the most beautiful office space in midtown NYC (https://www.company.co/the-building/), attached to Grand Central Station.
If you’re looking to join a relentless, hardworking, and passionate team that is determined to make a difference, then OOVA is for you! Please forward your resume to Amy Divaraniya (firstname.lastname@example.org), if interested.
- We are transforming at-home diagnostics with a special focus on women’s health.
- Our industry leading technology has just transitioned to scalable manufacturing and we are ready to ramp sales.
- We are a science focused team bridging the gap between clinical grade and consumer precision wellness.
- We are already recognized by leading medical clinics as a break-out technology ready to reshape the hormone testing market.
What You'll Do:
- Establish goals, develop a scalable sales strategy, and create integrated programs that support the priorities and long-term goals of the business.
- Work with the founders to define and achieve the company's revenue and growth goals.
- Grow revenue and establish industry leadership by improving brand awareness.
- Position Oova as a thought leader as well as the market leader, through nuanced messaging to critical audience segments by collaborating with key functions (Sales, Product, Data).
- Segment and delineate customer classifications for targeted strategies in the US Healthcare market.
- Prioritize the team's projects and develop the framework for how the Marketing Team prioritizes and allocates resources. Lead quarterly and annual planning process for marketing team.
- Assist leadership in determining the best use of sales investment to ensure proper planning, management, controls and analysis to drive ROI
What We're Looking For:
- B2B sales at a startup/SMB through growth from 0 - 25 employees.
- Consistent track record of exceeding revenue and lead goals exceeding $1-5M, with the ability to communicate which actions and decisions led to your success.
- Lead all aspects of sales strategy, including vision, process, pipeline, operating procedures, contracts and account management in the US market.
- Proven track record in developing efficient systems and identifying areas of process optimization.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally, including strong copywriting skills.
- Proven talent management experience with ability to attract, develop, and retain top performers in a world-class marketing organization.
- Strong collaborator at the leadership level, while also being comfortable doing the day to day legwork required to scale the organization. You're a coach, but spend most of your time as a player.
- Strong work ethic - you are self-motivated and have a growth mindset.
- Tech-savvy and up-to-date on marketing tools, platforms and resources.
- The experienced candidate will have worked in Healthcare, Legal, Compliance, HIPAA, Data Security or broader Risk Management industries for multiple years while in a Sales Operations role.
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience, preferably health-care/tech, med, pharma, research
- Experience in scaling sales organizations and processes from scratch, with minimal guidance
- Ability to implement rigor around measuring and reporting all sales efforts and partner success
- Identify talent and hiring needs, and recruit, build, and grow a high-performing team
- Strong internal and external communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and direct multiple initiatives, handle ambiguity, and succeed with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation package, including base and equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you're continuously expanding your skill set