Full Stack Engineer
Backed by BBG Ventures, Company Ventures, Amplifyher Ventures and Special Situation Fund, Oova is a Series Seed women’s health tech startup that is threading the needle between at-home testing and targeted telehealth.
Oova is revolutionizing at-home testing. Oova has developed a first-of-its-kind, patented process to help women make informed fertility decisions by accurately measuring hormone levels through daily urine samples. The team has spent over 3 years fusing innovative biochemistry, ground-breaking image processing and machine learning to precisely detect these hormones using a simple Oova test. For our customers, it’s as simple as peeing on a stick and scanning it with a smartphone. Oova provides personalized insights to facilitate pregnancy and expose reproductive health issues like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Never before have women been able to gain the level of insight Oova provides as affordably (10x cheaper than regular clinic visits), effectively (utilizing machine learning and AI to get personalized information), and comfortably (no blood draws or mailing anything to a lab).
Oova is looking for a full-stack engineer to join our team! You'll have the opportunity to shape our platform and help build out the culture of a fast-growing health-tech startup. If the idea of being an early hire at a venture backed, scaling startup that is working at the intersection of Big Data, Biomedicine and Diagnostics is interesting to you, we should talk!
If you’re looking to join a relentless, hardworking, and passionate team that is determined to make a difference, then Oova is for you! Please forward your resume to Amy Divaraniya (firstname.lastname@example.org), if interested.
- We are transforming at-home diagnostics with a special focus on women’s health.
- Our industry leading technology has just transitioned to scalable manufacturing and we are ready to ramp sales.
- We are a science focused team bridging the gap between clinical grade and consumer precision wellness.
- We are already recognized by leading medical clinics as a break-out technology ready to reshape the hormone testing market.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with a small team to take ownership of our back-end and web front-end development
- Be part of defining and building out our culture as we grow our team
- Write clean, extensible code, but also have opportunity to try new ideas and be creative
What We're Looking For:
- Confidence working in a high-autonomy, fast-paced environment where you'll be responsible for clean, reproducible work
- Professional experience with Node.js, TypeScript and React.js
- Professional experience with Firebase, Firebase FireStore and Firebase Cloud Functions
- Professional experience with Shopify and E-Commerce application development
- Professional experience writing and consuming APIs
- Experience maintaining, testing, deploying applications
- Experience with cloud servers, Google Cloud preferred
- Containerization / Docker or Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Experience with Microservice Architecture
- Experience with ticket- and issue management tools, Asana preferred
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation package, including base and equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance