Chief of Staff
Oova is a well-funded women’s health tech company that has developed a groundbreaking home-testing platform that enables patients and doctors to track hormone levels in real time without a blood draw. Oova has developed a first-of-its-kind, patent-pending process to help women make informed fertility decisions by accurately measuring hormone levels through daily urine samples. We are threading the needle between at-home testing and targeted telehealth!
The team has spent over 3 years fusing innovative biochemistry, ground-breaking image processing, and machine learning to precisely detect these hormones using a simple Oova test. For our customers, it’s as simple as peeing on a stick and scanning it with a smartphone. Oova provides personalized insights to facilitate pregnancy and expose reproductive health issues like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Never before have women been able to gain the level of insight Oova provides as affordably (10x cheaper than regular clinic visits), effectively (utilizing machine learning and AI to get personalized information), and comfortably (no blood draws or mailing anything to a lab).
Our initial U.S. market opportunity is $357 million
Our investors include BBG Ventures, Company Ventures, and Life Sciences Special Situations Fund
Our industry-leading technology has just transitioned to scalable manufacturing, and we are ready to ramp up sales
We are curating a one-of-kind data set that has never been collected before
Our HIPAA-compliant dashboard enables a clinician to view their patient’s precise real-time hormone data
Our comprehensive platform delivers capabilities beyond our peer competitors
We are already recognized by leading medical clinics as a break-out technology ready to reshape the hormone testing market
We have been featured in Forbes, CNBC, Fortune, New York, Parents, and many other multi-media platforms
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief of Staff will help drive strategic business planning, strategy execution, cross-departmental projects, and special projects across the organization. The role will give you access to a unique perspective across the company, will allow you to build strong relationships with the leadership team, external partners, investors, and board members, and will help you gain the ability to learn about and flex across various functions. You’d be a great fit if you aspire to be a future organization leader, COO or founder in the future.
We are looking for an experienced generalist to join our team and help solve business problems, design scalable solutions as we grow, and drive key initiatives to completion in a rapid growth environment. You will sit at the center of the company and get significant exposure to our products, strategy, marketing, finance, and leadership efforts. We’re looking for someone who is a dependable, detailed-oriented professional and is ready to do high-leverage work right away.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain and update the business’ financial and operating model(s) to enable key strategic decision-making by the CEO & Leadership Team
- Align with cross-functional stakeholders to design and steer strategies and projects that drive the Company’s Annual Goals, Key Results, and KPI’s
- Conduct research and summarize learnings to advise the CEO on strategic priorities
- Provide decision support by working with leadership to distill and organize recommendations for CEO approval (anticipate requests for additional information, support with additional research or information analysis, and surface key takeaways to ensure content is presented in a digestible format)
- Own and continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g. executive team meetings, quarterly business reviews, leadership offsite, quarterly board meetings) including the execution of action items and distilling discussion from team meetings into strategic plans
- Execute deliverables with a hands-on approach including presentation/communications preparation, financial analysis + modeling, research, and more; step in where help is most needed
- Prepare key memos to internal/external stakeholders, including investor updates and company announcements
- Facilitate investor due diligence requests
- Conduct strategic finance analyses to enable the Growth Team on revenue-generating initiatives across multiple channels (B2C, Affiliate, Enterprise)
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or similar
- 2-3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity or venture capital; startup experience is a plus
- Experience working directly with senior management
- Experience developing executive presentations, communications, and financial analysis (3 statement models, budgets, FP&A) with advanced-level Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Strong and high-velocity work ethic, detail orientation, and strong organizational skills
- Positive and proactive attitude, natural curiosity, strong emotional intelligence, and strategic mindset
- Interest in the medical technology industry
If this description fits you, send a cover letter and resume to Amy Divaraniya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation package, including base and equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
Shifting the landscape of technology doesn’t happen on its own. It happens via the continuous and well-defined rigor of people who have a shared passion and who are dedicated to working toward a common goal. We are looking for exceptional people to join our rapidly growing startup and positively impact our company culture and product. We strongly appreciate positivity, curiosity, and, above all else, the ability to nail things down. We are incredibly conscious of creating a comfortable, flexible environment that cultivates the desire to be engaged, ask questions, and feel a vested interest in our team's success. Most importantly, you should value honest and direct communication as you recognize that this is the best way for any individual or team to continuously learn and grow. Accomplishing our collective goals will be fun but also complex; you should pursue an ongoing and rewarding challenge!
What It’s Like to Work with Us:
We’re passionate about the technology we’ve created and know that we are revolutionizing healthcare. The products you help us create will impact a person’s ability to understand what it means to be healthy and provide them with the tools they need to make educated choices about how they move forward. Our pursuit is altruistic, but that does not mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp, rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions, and we believe that the best solutions will come from diverse ideas and perspectives. You’re joining a family.