Business Development Manager
Oova is a women’s health tech company that is threading the needle between at-home testing and targeted telehealth.
Oova is revolutionizing at-home testing. Oova has developed a first-of-its-kind, patented process to help women make informed fertility decisions by accurately measuring hormone levels through daily urine samples. The team has spent over 3 years fusing innovative biochemistry, ground-breaking image processing and machine learning to precisely detect these hormones using a simple Oova test. For our customers, it’s as simple as peeing on a stick and scanning it with a smartphone. Oova provides personalized insights to facilitate pregnancy and expose reproductive health issues like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Never before have women been able to gain the level of insight Oova provides as affordably (10x cheaper than regular clinic visits), effectively (utilizing machine learning and AI to get personalized information), and comfortably (no blood draws or mailing anything to a lab).
Oova is looking for a Business Development Manager to grow our footprint through building relationships with like-minded partners across the ecosystem who have a shared mission to improve care for patients. These partners include channel partners, health systems, retail clinics, and aggregators. In this role, you will spearhead our growth in these terrains by developing the growth strategy and operating model for new revenue streams from partners, negotiating complex contracts, building the pipeline, and executing on ongoing partnership and revenue generation. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and savvy understanding of the economics of the modern day healthcare ecosystem. Send a cover letter and resume to Amy Divaraniya at firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested.
- We are transforming at-home diagnostics with a special focus on women’s health.
- Our industry leading technology has just transitioned to scalable manufacturing and we are ready to ramp sales.
- We are a science focused team bridging the gap between clinical grade and consumer precision wellness.
- We are already recognized by leading medical clinics as a break-out technology ready to reshape the hormone testing market.
What You'll Do:
- Increase revenue by upselling with existing customers to $100K+ per month (3x increase from today’s average monthly gross revenue)
- Create compelling strategies to implement programs for existing customers to refer the product to more patients, increasing the product footprint at each clinic
- Interact with clinicians and their administration team, as needed, to implement new technology and/or programs in their practice
- Design data collection model to optimize tracking customer trends and possible future products
- Analyze customer data to improve customer experience and hypothesize/plan future business offerings
- Work closely with marketing team to ensure new and existing customers have the materials and assets needed to promote Oova’s products to their patients
- Work collaboratively with various departments in the company to communicate product enhancements and customer feedback
- Increase market share by identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data to directly inform ongoing sales strategy
- Develop goals for business growth and ensure they are met
- Identify and set strategic plans for international growth – ex-US
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of recent experience selling products in a healthcare environment
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role ideally in healthcare or medical devices
- Current/extant network of business links/connections to large medical institutions
- Specific experience in increasing sales to current clients, as opposed to simply acquiring new clients
- Previous substantive record of managing a sales team
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. HubSpot)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google equivalents
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation package, including base and equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance