Oova was built to provide accurate and precise hormone measurements for all its users, regardless of their cycle patterns or fertility complications. Oova is an...
We’ve all been advised to stay home in efforts to stop the spread of coronavirus. While it’s important that we do our part by social distancing, remaining home all day can induce stress and anxiety for many reasons. It disrupts our routines, interrupts our schedules, and stops us from doing everyday activities. For those of us who live with family, significant others, or children, it can seem difficult to find time to relax.
Working from home often blurs the line between relaxing and being productive. Usually when you’re hanging out on the couch in your sweatpants, you’re relaxing. But now, you could be working on your laptop, or even conducting a meeting. This merging of work and home makes it hard for us to transition from a working mindset to a relaxing mindset. Ultimately, it makes it difficult to distance ourselves from work, and fully relax.
Between a scary and nonstop news cycle, canceled and postponed fertility treatments, and suddenly changing routines, coronavirus has made life overwhelming for everyone. We feel it too. That’s why we created a quick list of ways to relax at home.
1) Set a specific work schedule. Decide that you’re going to work from 9am to 5pm, for example, so that you have a better idea of work time versus relaxing time. It could also be useful to pick a work space, such as a desk or table in a quiet area. That way, you know that when you leave the space, you’re done working.
2) Try meditating! Guided or not, meditation is a great way to reduce stress and anxiety, as well as clear your mind. Platforms like Headspace or Calm can help guide you through the meditation process. Meditating can be a great way to escape and have some quiet time. The best part is, you can meditate anywhere you feel comfortable, whether it’s your bedroom, bathroom, closet, or car.
3) Find some alone time. If you live with other people and you’re all at home, things can get pretty hectic. We all have responsibilities to those around us, so we know it can be hard to get away. However, if you’re feeling stressed, spending even five minutes alone can really ease your mind. Try taking a bath, reading a book, or napping! A little bit of privacy goes a long way.
4) Soothing sounds can make you feel more relaxed. If your home is noisy, it can be hard to enjoy your down time. Music has been proven to reduce stress and promote relaxation. It can help to play music while you’re working, cleaning, or cooking. Also, calming sounds such as ocean waves or white noise can help you tune out unpleasant noises such as traffic outside, or television from the other room.
5) Pick up a new hobby. Now that we’re all meant to stay inside, you may be changing your routines of going out with friends, socializing, or running errands. The free time you have could be a great time to try a new, relaxing hobby such as painting, reading, or yoga.
These are just a few ideas of how to relax at home. We’re all trying to adjust our lifestyles to help stop the spread of coronavirus. Sometimes, it’s hard! It’s important to remember that we’re all in this together. We’re all going to get through this.
Life With Oova
Join our community
Share your own stories with #MyFertilityTranslator